vIDEs is the Integrated Development Environment for the ViDES code, which allows to write ViDES scripts and run simulation in a easy-to-use fashion. The compiled Beta version of the code is released for Linux 64 bit operating system, and it already contains the NanoTCAD ViDES code, so that one does not need to go through the installation procedure of the device simulator. In particular , vIDEs allows the NanoTCAD ViDES users to:
- edit script by means of the integrated editor.
- easily define structure of the device to be simulated by means of the integrated GUI interface and the predefined device templates (Including newly 2D Metal dichalcogenides).
- Post-process the obtained results, by means of 2D and 3D plotting of the physical quantities (i.e., charge density, electrostatic potential, etc.)
- Performing the debug of the script.
- Running the simulations by means of parallelization.
vIDEs can be freely downloaded in the download section, where you can also find information regarding the installation. A quick start guide can be found here. Quantavis s.r.l. mantains and develops the IDE, and can release on demand additional modules tailored on the specific needs of the users.
A video on a quick-start tutorial is shown here
A screen shot is shown below. Other can be found in the “screenshot” session.